Bergvliet High Community Scholarship Fund
The Scholarship Fund is aimed at those who excel academically and who will be accountable for their academic results while they are benefiting from the scholarship. It is a 5 year commitment by the donor for payment of the recipient’s full school fees from Grade 8 to Grade 12.
A scholarship to attend Bergvliet High School builds a secure foundation for these children. A scholarship allows them to flourish. A scholarship makes them equal to their peers and allows them to imagine, and instils in them a sense of hope for a brighter future. A scholarship is an investment in their lives, their communities and in the richness of the school community at Bergvliet High School.
We are extremely grateful to our current donors who have co-developed this model over the past 5 years and who have already seen the value of their investment in the learners of our school. We look forward to partnering with you.
In order to contribute to this fund, please contact:
Mrs Katharine Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 082 409 2195.
Benefits to Scholarship Donors
- Branding and promotional opportunities within school premises in line with the school’s current practice.
- Acknowledgement in the school’s annual magazine
- One advertisement per term in the school newsletter
- Official Partner status on the school’s website with company logo and a link to partner’s website
- Naming rights on the Scholarship
- Bergvliet High School is registered with SARS as a Section 18A Public Benefit Organisation.
Donors will receive a Tax Rebate for donations
Our P.B.O. number is: 930000372
Code of Commitment to Donors
Bergvliet High School has always been an integral part of its community and prides itself in being a catalyst for the development of life-long relationships within the community it serves. In keeping with this commitment we have a responsibility to our donors to:
- keep them informed of the organisation’s mission, of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- keep them informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing body and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities
- assure them that their donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- provide appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of their contribution
- assure them that information about their donations are handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- ensure that all relationships and dealings with the donor will be professional in nature
- answer all questions regarding their donation promptly