A passion for Lifelong Learning
The Continuing Education Programme was launched in 1989. It is a lifelong learning programme which runs every term at B.H.S. and its aim is to enable anyone and everyone to continue their education in a meaningful and practical way. More than 110 different short courses are offered per term to the public at night, and on Saturdays. The course categories include: Adult Enrichment (only for over-18s), Educator Enrichment (for teachers), Corporate Training and Learner Enrichment courses for high school students.
The Continuing Education Programme is accessible to everyone, and our focus is not on making money, but rather on making a difference in people’s lives. We aim to provide a service to people, to teach, educate and provide fun and interesting activities that can even lead to people starting their own small businesses, or just inspire them to explore a new hobby or interest.
One of our objectives is to empower the unemployed by enabling them to learn the skills which could improve their chances of finding employment.
These courses encourage adults to explore the benefits of lifelong learning at affordable prices.
We offer life skills courses as well as Revision programmes for learners.
The Matric & Grade 11 Revision Schools have been running for many years.
The aim of this component is to inspire teachers to “feed themselves” in order to remain engaged, motivated and au fait with the latest in education.
Many of our courses are SACE accredited and educators will get CPDT points for attending the courses.
“Bespoke” training at your place of work for small or large groups. This is ideal for staff training sessions at your place of work.
Term 1 2021 CEP Prospectus
Registration Form Term 1 2021
Term 1 2021 CEP Prospectus
This prospectus is divided into 4 sections:
i. ADULT ENRICHMENT
ii. EDUCATOR ENRICHMENT
iii. CORPORATE TRAINING
iv. LEARNER ENRICHMENT
2. Admission will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Adult enrichment courses are only available to over 16’s
unless by special arrangement.
3. All the courses will be held at Bergvliet High School unless otherwise stated. In the event of a second lockdown
situation in Cape Town, some of these courses might be offered online. You will be given the option to convert
to this platform.
4. Term 1 courses begin on 15 February 2021. Classes will be held on successive Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday,
Thursdays or Saturdays. The programme ends on 25 March 2021.
5. Additional Programmes and Registration forms are available from the foyer of the School, local libraries, or on
our website: www.bhs.org.za under “Continuing Ed”.
6. Details published herein are subject to change to fit in with school activities. Changes are unlikely and, as far
as possible will be made by mutual arrangement.
7. Course participants will be advised wherever possible of programme disruptions caused by unscheduled
power outages and affected courses will be rescheduled.
8 All courses at Bergvliet High School, as well as excursions, are undertaken at the course participants’ own risk
– the School and the Continuing Education Department (CEP) will not be held responsible for any loss, damage
to property or injuries sustained during such excursions/courses.
9. Should the course be over-subscribed or cancelled, you will be notified, and your fee refunded.
10. NO FEES WILL BE REFUNDED SHOULD A PARTICIPANT CANCEL A BOOKING.
11. Please note the dates and starting times carefully. Parking is available in the School grounds on a first-come,
first-served basis and although precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of your vehicle, the School and
the Continuing Education Programme will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles parked
in or around the school grounds.
12. Gift vouchers are available for all courses.
13. For your convenience, we are available to present most of the course advertised in this prospectus at your
place of work to groups of 10 or more. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this option.
13. Please note: Full Covid protocols are in place and will be strictly adhered to. You will be required to complete
a questionnaire on arrival, sanitise your hands and wear a mask at all times.
1. Registration at the Finance office of the School is on an ONGOING BASIS during the school term,
Mondays – Fridays from 08:30 – 15:30 (excluding Public Holidays).
2. DIRECT DEPOSITS – All Electronic Banking details can be found on the Registration Forms at the back of the
Prospectus. Electronic Payments should be made payable to BERGVLIET HIGH SCHOOL. EFT, Debit or
Credit Card payments are accepted.
3. NO PHONE-BOOKINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED
4. Please Note: The registration form can be found at the back of this prospectus.
5. For registration enquiries, contact the Continuing Education office: 021 713 7999,
Katharine Miles: 082 409 2195 or e-mail: email@example.com