Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for this SGB Educator post commencing January 2024.
- Applicants must have a University Degree with Mathematics as a Major, plus a relevant PGCE or similar 4-year qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years experience teaching Maths Literacy up to matric level.
- A minimum of 2 years experience teaching junior Maths (Grades 8 and 9).
- Extra mural duties – active participation in sporting/cultural and/or service activities will be a requirement. Please state extra mural activities that you can offer.
- Applicants must be SACE registered or be able to show evidence that they have applied for registration.
- Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fully computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook/Internet, etc.
- Effective learner management skills are essential.
- Experience in teaching on interactive whiteboards and online would be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can teach EMS / CAT.
- NSC marking experience.
Besides Maths Literacy, please state clearly which other subjects you can offer.
Applications with a comprehensive CV may be emailed to the HR MANAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27 September 2023 at 12:00
***FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SAQA CERTIFICATE***
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to be available for interviews at a date, time and place determined by BHS. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person as well as provide a police clearance & NRSO certificate.
The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.