Bergvliet High School is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Fundraising Marketer to join our School and develop fundraising programs to meet our fundraising goals throughout the year. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, someone who is ready to accept the challenge to raise awareness about what BHS does, elicit interest in BHS’s activities and create opportunities for the School to increase its overall performance and impact in the community. This post commences 1 February 2024.
- A marketing/related qualification and/or a minimum of 5 years working experience within a Fundraising/Marketing/Public Relations environment.
- Proven experience in developing and building effective relationships and opportunities with key corporate and community stakeholders, donors and businesses using an influential yet collaborative style.
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising and a successful track record in Marketing/Public Relations, with a growth mindset and a willingness to keep up with the latest marketing strategies.
- Proven work experience as a Fundraiser or similar role with an excellent track record of securing substantial funding.
- An independent, proactive and outcome-focused approach, as well as the ability to build trust and confidence amongst our parents, alumni and other stakeholders to ensure success.
- Highly motivated with excellent presentation skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be positive, creative, innovative and enthusiastic with excellent social and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing integrated fundraising and marketing campaigns and testing new channels and ideas.
- Proficient computer and basic graphic design skills.
- The ability to design and edit marketing material.
- A skill set that includes: persuasiveness, good organizational skills, strong leadership and assertiveness qualities.
- Obtaining corporate scholarships for learners and for leading promotional activities.
- Produce marketing material such as the Annual School Magazine and school marketing brochures.
- Compile and publish the Annual School Magazine by liaising with publishing companies, photographers, potential advertisers, etc. to ensure a thorough and accurate reflection of theschool events for the year.
- Organize campaigns that will lead to donations while maintaining relationships with current or future donors.
- Compile and maintain a database of local and international donors.
- Compile thorough marketing research for the School to analyse trends to benefit and promote future funding.
- Liaise with the BHS Alumni through various platforms and maintain the Past Pupils’ Facebook Page.
- Maintain a database of successfully funded projects in the region and derive a list of potential partners that could be contacted for future collaborations and annual outreach efforts
- Build new working relationships with donors by attending relevant conferences andworkshops.
- Write concept notes and full project proposals.
- Present innovative ideas to the SGB.
- Participate in meetings to discuss matters of interest for the School as a whole.
- Participate and support all the activities organized and promoted by the School.
If you are self-motivated and excited by this opportunity with flexible working hours and able to manage your own campaigns to deliver a long-term income stream for the School, send a comprehensive CV and 3 contactable referees via email to the HR MANAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTHLY REMUNERATION: R 10 000 BASIC AND COMMISSION BASED
CLOSING DATE: 29 NOVEMBER 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to be available for interviews at a date, time and place determined by BHS. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person as well as provide a police clearance certificate. The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.