Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited for a full time SGB AFRIKAANS EDUCATOR post at BERGVLIET HIGH commencing 1 January 2023:
- Applicants must have a University Degree with Afrikaans as a Major, plus a relevant PGCE or similar and have a minimum of 3 years teaching Afrikaans experience across all grade levels.
- Experience at teaching Afrikaans at matric level is essential.
- NSC marking experience is advantageous.
- Extra mural duties – active participation in sporting/cultural and/or service activities will be a requirement. Please state extra mural activities that you can offer.
- Applicants should also be SACE registered or be able to show evidence that they have applied for registration.
- Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fully proficient and computer literate in Ms Office Suite, Interactive Whiteboard, Outlook and use of the internet.
- Experience in teaching on interactive whiteboards would be an advantage.
- Effective learner management/discipline skills.
PLEASE STATE CLEARLY WHICH OTHER SUBJECTS YOU CAN OFFER.
Applications with a comprehensive CV and 2 contactable referees may be emailed to the
HR MANAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 14 AUGUST 2022
***FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SAQA CERTIFICATE***
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
and will be expected to be available for interviews at a date, time and place determined by BHS.
If you have not been contacted by 10 October 2022,
please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person as well as provide a police clearance certificate. The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.