Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited for this 4 month maternity substitute SGB AFRIKAANS EDUCATOR post at BERGVLIET HIGH:
- Applicants must have a University Degree with Afrikaans as a Major, plus a relevant PGCE or similar and have a minimum of 3 years teaching Afrikaans experience across all grade levels.
- Applicants must be able to teach Business Studies and Life Orientation
- Extra mural duties – active participation in sporting/cultural and/or service activities will be a requirement. Please state extra mural activities that you can offer.
- Applicants should also be SACE registered or be able to show evidence that they have applied for registration.
- Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fully computer literate in Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Outlook and use of the internet.
- Experience in teaching on interactive whiteboards would be an advantage.
- Effective learner management/discipline skills.
PLEASE STATE CLEARLY WHICH OTHER SUBJECTS YOU CAN OFFER.
CLOSING DATE: 15 APRIL 2021
Applicants who meet all the above criteria are invited to send a comprehensive CV with 2 contactable referees to: The HR MANAGER: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Applications that do not include all these requirements will not be considered**
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to be available for interviews at a date, time and place determined by BHS.
If you have not been contacted within 2 months of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person as well as provide a police clearance certificate.
The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.