The position of REGISTRAR is available for a dynamic individual to join BERGVLIET HIGH (BHS) in our mission to provide world class education. A School Registrar is responsible for Admissions, all the administrative record keeping of learners, staff, subjects, lists, school database, etc. This important portfolio requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position. The successful candidate will be a technologically savvy, detail orientated person who is FULLY conversant with the CEMIS system and the School admissions process. This position reports to the Principal and commences mid-March 2021.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position managing the School admissions process
- Computer literate in Advanced Excel, MS Word, email, internet
- High speed typing skills are essential
- Proficiency and experience in CEMIS and Staffroom or similar School Management Information System
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A track record of a high level of organisational and administrative skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Admissions and applications of new learners
- General administration including but not limited to ANA admin/New learners/admissions/class lists and registers/matric entries/surveys, etc.
- Data capturing, academic reports
- Typing, doing minutes
- Relief reception
- Meeting School and WCED deadlines
- Involvement and attendance at Open days, welcome evenings, SGB elections, etc.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work outside of office hours and will be required to undergo a criminal check.
Applicants who meet all the above criteria are invited to send a comprehensive CV with 2 contactable referees and salary expectation to: The HR MANAGER: email@example.com
**Applications that do not include all these requirements will not be considered**
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to be available for interviews at a date, time and place determined by BHS.
If you have not been contacted by 19 March 2021, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person as well as provide a police clearance certificate.
The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.