Bergvliet High School (BHS) is looking for a committed Financial Assistant to join our progressive School. The ideal candidate is a highly confidential person with a good work ethic, attention to detail and sound financial practices. This position reports to the Financial Manager and commences during March 2021.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience within a Financial environment or financial portfolio.
- Matriculated with a Bookkeeping certificate or higher
- Pastel Partner and Payroll experience
- Highly motivated team player, hardworking, positive, optimistic and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Acute understanding of the confidential nature of this portfolio
- Computer literacy with Advanced Excel
- Render Financial Accounting transactions
- Collections of monies (KARRI / Credit Card) / Reconciliations
- Locker Administration
- Asset Management
- Stock control
- Customer queries
- Insurance claims / Workmans compensation claims
- Creditors including ordering and procurement
- Daily processing on Pastel
- Assist with Salaries / Leave capturing / Payslip Administration
- HR administration
Applicants who meet all the above criteria are invited to send a comprehensive CV with 2 contactable referees and salary expectation to: The HR MANAGER: email@example.com
**Previous experience working at a School in a similar position will be advantageous**
CLOSING DATE: 14 February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be expected to be available for interviews at a date, time and place determined by BHS.
If you have not been contacted by 15 March 2021, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are obliged to confirm (on an affidavit) that they have never been convicted of a sexual offence against a child or person as well as provide a police clearance certificate.
The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.